Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Not Just Your Average Pork Loin


Good afternoon kiddies! Hope you all had an amazing Christmas full of great food and tons of presents. Santa was very good to me... I guess you could say I was an angel over the past year :P

Now, I know we can all tend to over eat over the Holidays and in my case WAY over eat, but I have to share this dish with you guys. It was a huge hit at my grandmothers and it disappeared FAST. This will definitely stay in my recipe book!

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

As always, I did change this a bit to make it easier!

Ingredients: (I bought the Garlic and herb pork loin already marinated)
1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.(I cooked it for a little over 3 hours, pork needs to be cooked at 145 degrees) About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds amazing. May even try to make it. Thanks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good! I brought this to my grandma's and everyone loved it.

    ReplyDelete